Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fumbling on Facebook....

I'm probably one of the last holdouts for getting onto Facebook and finding out how the social networking and such works. I did finally join up last summer and muddled through the process, and have slowly but surely gotten familiar with things on there and the basics of how it works.

One thing I really struggled with before signing up on Facebook was figuring out if I should have a personal page or a business page (I mistakenly thought at that time that you could only have one or the other). I had seen a lot of people who made obvious business posts on their personal pages. And the Facebook business page set up, I didn't quite understand how it worked.

I asked my son-in-law about it (he's very smart when it comes to computers, social media, etc.), and he strongly suggested I go for a business page if I was going to use it for my business. Well........, I was a little stubborn, and after looking at the situation and thinking it was better to go the other way, I set up a personal page, and started out that way.

Finally, about a month or so ago, after noticing some business pages, I did some more research on the whole thing and discovered you could have both a personal page AND a business page, and there were definite advantages to having a Page just for the biz. Also, per Facebook policy, you are not supposed to be using a personal Facebook page for business. They can close your personal account! Yikes!

So......... I have since apologized to my very smart and kind son-in-law, and also started a business page for Puppets and Props on Facebook. This is actually just a long way of saying I put up a business page on Facebook. If you get a chance, take a look, and of course, please 'Like' my page!


No comments:

Post a Comment