Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Fresh New Face. . . .

I've been working on a few new characters, but all has been on the back burner for awhile due to extenuating circumstances.  I've had this one close to being done for some time now, but he has had to be patient until I could get a few spare moments to finish him. He said he was now ready for his unveiling, so here's a sneak peek. . . .


His name is 'Sparky' and I sculpted this cute face based on a character concept drawn for me by LaFonstsee Character Design. Edit: We originally were going to make this part of a new line of characters that were greatly simplified, but have since decided to just make him part of our regular line of figures to keep things simple in the workshop.


Let me know what you think of this little guy!

5 comments:

  1. He looks GREAT Mike! I love the cartoony look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great face I love the expression. Mike, you really captured an alive look to this character.
    Les Lamborn

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOO Excited about this especially with my new job. Any idea on when more figures will premiere and if the eyes will be self centering?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys, thanks for the kind words on Sparky! Yes, his eyes will be self-centering. He will most likely be ready at the first of the year, but if I can get him ready for production sooner, I surely will.

    Mike Brose

    ReplyDelete